Six players score in double figures as Tennessee rollsNov 12, 2006 - 11:09 PM KNOXVILLE, Tennessee (Ticker) -- Alexis Hornbuckle scored 19 points to lead six players in double figures as No. 5 Tennessee posted a comfortable 102-72 victory over Chattanooga in its season opener.
Hornbuckle made 6-of-9 shots from the field, including a pair of 3-pointers, and added seven of Tennessee's 17 steals.
Candace Parker scored 15 points, Alberta Auguste added 13 and Shannon Bobbitt 12 for the Lady Vols, who shot nearly 58 percent (33-of-57) and never trailed.
Dominique Redding chipped in 11 and Sidney Spencer 10 for Tennessee.
Brooke Hand scored 20 points to pace Chattanooga (1-1), which shot 43 percent (25-of-58) and committed 26 turnovers.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21