Baylor uses big first half to defeat HofstraNov 12, 2006 - 11:22 PM WACO, Texas (Ticker) -- Bernice Mosby had 20 points and 17 rebounds as No. 18 Baylor used a big first half to capture an 81-71 victory over Hofstra.
Mosby made 7-of-13 shots from the floor and 6-of-7 from the line in 33 minutes to lead five players in double figures.
Angela Tisdale made 11 foul shots en route to 16 points and Danielle Wilson and Rachel Allison added 12 points apiece for the Bears (2-0), who won despite shooting under 40 percent (26-of-66) and committing 20 turnovers.
Baylor held a 41-18 lead at halftime before cruising after intermission.
Vanessa Gidden scored 20 points and Cigi McCollin added 15 for Hofstra (1-1), which shot 39 percent (30-of-76), committed 17 turnovers and was outrebounded, 52-41.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19
- Baylor women have old score to settle at home vs. Auburn Mar 19
- Top-seeded Baylor women roll 89-59 over Idaho to NCAA opener Mar 18
- Idaho-Baylor Preview Mar 17