Paris propels No. 3 Oklahoma past No. 19 DePaulNov 12, 2006 - 11:16 PM NORMAN, Oklahoma (Ticker) -- Courtney Paris had 23 points and 11 rebounds and Chelsi Welch also scored 23 points as No. 3 Oklahoma posted a 105-71 victory over No. 19 DePaul in the season opener for both teams.
One of the top players in the country, Paris made 9-of-12 shots from the field and 5-of-7 from the foul line. She pulled down six offensive rebounds and also dished out five assists to go along with four blocks.
Her twin sister, Ashley, added 16 points and five rebounds off the bench. Leah Rush had 11 points and Amanda Thompson 10 for Oklahoma, which shot 51 percent (40-of-78) and held a 58-36 rebounding advantage.
Erin Carney was DePaul's force on the boards, pulling down half of her team's 38 rebounds, including 10 on the offensive glass.
Jenna Rubino scored 18 points and Caprice Smith added 14 for the Blue Demons, who shot just 32 percent (22-of-68) and committed 20 turnovers.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 6 seed Oklahoma tops No. 11 Purdue 61-45 in NCAA Mar 19
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- Purdue-Oklahoma Preview Mar 18
- DePaul makes 11 3-pointers, routs James Madison 97-67 Mar 18