McCants paces North Carolina to second straight routNov 13, 2006 - 3:13 AM CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina (Ticker) -- North Carolina isn't working up a sweat with its early-season schedule.
The second-ranked Tar Heels enjoyed their second straight blowout in as many games, rolling to a 83-32 win over Winston-Salem State.
Rashanda McCants scored 16 points to lead six players in double figures for North Carolina, which returned four starters from last year's Final Four team.
Freshman Jessica Breland added 13 points and 10 rebounds and Camille Little had 11 and 12 for the Tar Heels, who led at halftime, 36-10.
North Carolina (2-0) won its season opener on Friday by 61 points, a scenario that figured to be repeated with lightweights Elon, Sacramento State and North Carolina Greensboro up next on the schedule before a showdown vs. No. 5 Tennessee on December 3.
Shalonda Carter scored 12 points for Winston-Salem State, which was held to 22 percent shooting (11-of-50).
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- Bulgak powers No. 10 Florida State women to win over UNC Feb 14
- No. 13 Louisville women overtake North Carolina 78-60 Feb 4
- Hatchell to sit 2 games for referee contact, NCAA violation Jan 29
- No. 21 Miami women beat UNC 76-61 for Katie Meier's 200th Jan 17
- Ogunbowale scores 16, No. 3 Notre Dame beats UNC 88-54 Jan 10
- No. 15 Northwestern women defeat North Carolina 85-72 Dec 2
- Gardner-Webb shocks No. 22 North Carolina women 66-65 Nov 13
- Late layup lifts South Carolina over Heels Mar 28
- UNC advances past Buckeyes on buzzer beater Mar 23
- Tar Heels get past Liberty on their home floor Mar 21
- UNC's Hatchell resumes coaching duties May 5