Griffin leads Nebraska to upset of New MexicoNov 14, 2006 - 12:57 AM TEMPE, Arizona (Ticker) -- Kelsey Griffin prolonged New Mexico's early-season troubles.
Griffin scored 17 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead Nebraska to a 66-59 upset of 20th-ranked New Mexico in the Veterans Day Classic.
Kiera Hardy scored 16 points and Jelena Spiric added 13 for the Cornhuskers (2-1), who won despite shooting 40 percent (22-of-55) from the floor and committing 18 turnovers.
With their offense sputtering, Nebraska turned it up a notch on the defensive end, limiting New Mexico (1-2) to 29 points in the second half and 35 percent (21-of-60) shooting.
Dionne Marsh scored 16 points and Brandi Kimble added 12 and eight rebounds for the Lobos, who have lost two straight while managing a total of just 108 points over that stretch.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- New Nebraska women's assistants will be paid $140,000 each Apr 25
- New Nebraska women's coach has fewer perks in contract Apr 19
- Building trust top priority for new Nebraska women's coach Apr 12
- Huskers act quickly to replace Yori, hire SD's Amy Williams Apr 11
- Nebraska's Natalie Romeo: 'Immature' players pushed out Yori Apr 9
- Huskers pay women's coach Connie Yori $1.2 million to leave Apr 7
- Nebraska coach Connie Yori resigns after 14 seasons Apr 5
- New Mexico hires Mike Bradbury to lead women's team Mar 30
- No. 22 Colorado State women advance, 60-42 over New Mexico Mar 10
- Rutgers comes back to edge Nebraska 66-63 in Big Ten tourney Mar 3
- No. 25 Colorado State women slip past New Mexico 49-48 Feb 24
- Hart scores 18, No. 5 Ohio State routs Nebraska 96-70 Feb 18