Thomas leads Connecticut past RichmondNov 14, 2006 - 2:13 AM HARTFORD, Connecticut (Ticker) -- Mel Thomas scored 18 of her 23 points in the first half as No. 8 Connecticut coasted to an 84-50 victory over Richmond.
Led by Thomas, the Huskies (1-0) built a 44-26 halftime lead en route to cruising to their 11th straight win in an opener.
Thomas made 8-of-14 shots and five of the Huskies' seven 3-pointers.
Charde Houston added 20 points and Kalana Greene 14 for the Huskies, who shot 50 percent (33-of-66) and held a 49-44 rebounding advantage.
Christina Campion scored 20 points for Richmond (1-1), which shot just 27 percent (19-of-71) and committed 16 turnovers.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2