Parker scores 22 points as Tennessee routs UCLANov 17, 2006 - 2:44 AM KNOXVILLE, Tennessee (Ticker) -- Candace Parker and Sidney Spencer turned a top-25 matchup into a one-sided affair.
Parker scored 22 points and Spencer added 15 as No. 4 Tennessee rolled to an 83-60 triumph over 21st-ranked UCLA.
Parker made 10-of-15 shots and added six rebounds, two assists and a pair of steals in 26 minutes. Spencer shot 6-of-9 from the field and knocked down a pair of 3-pointers as the Lady Vols connected on 7-of-17 attempts from the arc.
Alex Fuller added 10 points for Tennessee (2-0), which shot 53 percent (17-of-32) from the floor in both halves.
The Lady Vols committed 18 turnovers but made up for it by forcing 26, including 14 on steals.
Noelle Quinn scored 20 points and Lindsey Pluimer added 17 for the Bruins (1-1), who shot 45 percent (23-of-51) and were outrebounded, 35-29.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24