Lady Aggies roll past Mercer behind Starks, AtunraseNov 17, 2006 - 3:37 AM COLLEGE STATION, Texas (Ticker) -- Takia Starks scored 19 points and No. 14 Texas A&M forced a staggering 34 turnovers in a 95-41 pounding of Mercer.
Starks made 8-of-11 shots from the field as the Lady Aggies shot nearly 59 percent (37-of-63). They held a 39-26 rebounding advantage and dished out 29 assists, but it was their defense that was the difference.
Morenike Atunrase added 15 points and La Toya Micheaux chipped in nine points and four steals for Texas A&M.
The Aggies (2-0) held Mercer to just 35 percent (16-of-45) shooting and forced the Bears' starters into 25 turnovers. Mercer (0-2) made only five shots in the second half.
Nicole Leonard was the Bears' leading scorer, netting 13 points on 5-of-10 shooting, but also committed a team-high eight turnovers.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19
- Texas A&M suspends Courtney Williams and Shlonte Allen Mar 19
- Missouri St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 18
- Chattanooga women top Mercer for 4th straight SoCon title Mar 6
- Tennessee women beat No. 15 A&M 70-60 for 3rd straight win Mar 4
- No. 15 Kentucky women defeat No. 11 Texas A&M 71-58 Feb 28
- No. 11 Texas A&M women win 6th straight, beat Auburn 57-49 Feb 25
- No. 12 Texas A&M women win 20th, beat Vanderbilt 75-63 Feb 21
- No. 12 Texas A&M women pull away in 4th, beat LSU 68-54 Feb 18