Fowles sparks LSU's demolition of UL-LafayetteNov 17, 2006 - 4:21 AM BATON ROUGE, Louisiana (Ticker) -- Sylvia Fowles scored 20 points and pulled down 13 rebounds as No. 9 Louisiana State recorded a suffocating 65-31 victory over Louisiana-Lafayette.
LSU (4-0) limited Lafayette to 21 percent shooting (10-of-46) and forced 21 turnovers.
Fowles made nearly as many baskets as the entire Lady Cajuns team. She connected on 8-of-14 shots, controlled the glass, and added three steals in 25 minutes.
Ashley Thomas and Quianna Chaney contributed eight points apiece for the Tigers, who shot 43 percent (26-of-60) and held a 43-29 rebounding advantage.
Sonora Edwards scored 10 points to lead Lafayette (2-2), which made just 4-of-19 3-pointers and 7-of-16 foul shots.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- No. 13 Kentucky women eliminate LSU from SEC tourney 79-71 Mar 3
- LSU beats Alabama 58-49 in opener of SEC women's tourney Mar 2
- Mitchell scores 24 in No. 3 South Carolina's 75-39 victory Feb 28
- LSU hands No. 24 Tennessee women 2nd loss in 3 games 57-56 Feb 21
- No. 12 Texas A&M women pull away in 4th, beat LSU 68-54 Feb 18
- Thompson sparks No. 18 Kentucky women to 70-58 win over LSU Feb 7
- Vivians leads No. 11 Mississippi State to 71-52 win over LSU Feb 4
- Cunningham, No. 22 Missouri women beat LSU 52-46 Jan 28
- No. 20 Florida women rally to defeat LSU 53-45 Jan 17
- No. 13 Texas A&M women pull away from LSU 53-35 Jan 10
- Top-ranked UConn routs LSU 86-40 despite Stewart's absence Dec 21
- Bulls best Lady Tigers to advance Mar 21