Multitude of turnovers leads to rout for North CarolinaNov 18, 2006 - 1:10 AM CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina (Ticker) -- Ivory Latta and North Carolina proved way too active for Elon.
Latta scored 21 points and Rashanda McCants added 16 as the second-ranked Tar Heels took advantage to some very sloppy play by the Phoenix to post a 90-36 rout.
Latta, who shot 7-of-12 from the field with three 3-pointers, collected three of North Carolina's 25 steals. In all, Elon (1-1) finished with 34 turnovers.
Feeding off the numerous turnovers, the Tar Heels (3-0) raced out to a 52-20 advantage at the break.
Erlana Larkins had seven steals to go along with seven points and Camille Little netted nine points for North Carolina, which shot 46 percent (32-of-69), including 9-of-21 on 3-pointers.
Reserve Rachel Hester scored 11 points for the Phoenix, whose starters combined for just 16 points on 6-of-21 shooting.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- Bulgak powers No. 10 Florida State women to win over UNC Feb 14
- No. 13 Louisville women overtake North Carolina 78-60 Feb 4
- Hatchell to sit 2 games for referee contact, NCAA violation Jan 29
- No. 21 Miami women beat UNC 76-61 for Katie Meier's 200th Jan 17
- Ogunbowale scores 16, No. 3 Notre Dame beats UNC 88-54 Jan 10
- Mitchell's 18 leads No. 2 South Carolina to 78-63 win Dec 22
- No. 15 Northwestern women defeat North Carolina 85-72 Dec 2
- Gardner-Webb shocks No. 22 North Carolina women 66-65 Nov 13
- Late layup lifts South Carolina over Heels Mar 28
- UNC advances past Buckeyes on buzzer beater Mar 23
- Tar Heels get past Liberty on their home floor Mar 21