Gearlds fuels Purdue past WashingtonNov 18, 2006 - 1:37 AM WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana (Ticker) -- Katie Gearlds scored 31 points to lead four players in double figures as No. 13 Purdue recorded an 88-64 victory over 23rd-ranked Washington.
Gearlds made 11-of-18 shots, including 5-of-8 from 3-point range. She added six rebounds and four assists in 34 minutes.
Lindsey Wisdom-Hylton contributed 13 points and seven blocks, Erin Lawless had 12 points and Danielle Campbell 11 for the Boilermakers (4-0), who shot 57 percent (30-of-52), including a blistering 10-of-14 from the arc.
Purdue shot 16-of-24 in the first half en route to a 43-34 halftime lead. The Boilermakers leaned on their defense after intermission, holding Washington to 23 percent (9-of-38) shooting in the second half.
Andrea Plouffe scored 16 points and Cameo Hicks added 13 for the Huskies (0-2), who finished at 30 percent shooting (23-of-75) and were outrebounded, 45-30.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Washington coach Mike Neighbors signs contract extension May 13
- Washington women crack under Syracuse pressure, 80-59 Apr 4
- Syracuse women beat Washington 80-59, reach NCAA title game Apr 4
- Washington-Syracuse Preview Apr 2
- Huskies, Orange try to keep changes under wraps for rematch Apr 2
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Washington relishing NCAA tourney run to Sweet 16 Mar 23