Michigan State wins opener vs. BucknellNov 18, 2006 - 4:38 AM EAST LANSING, Michigan (Ticker) -- Allyssa DeHaan scored 15 points and Rene Haynes added 12 as 17th-ranked Michigan State started the 2006-07 campaign with a 68-51 victory over Bucknell in a non-conference matchup.
DeHaan collected six rebounds and three blocks and Haynes made six steals for the Spartans (1-0), who were the last team in the Big Ten to get its season underway.
Michigan State survived 32-percent (22-of-68) shooting by turning 20 Bucknell turnovers into 16 points and sinking 14 more foul shots.
Lindsey Hollobaugh had 14 points and Hope Foster finished with 11 blocked shots and 10 rebounds for the Bisons (2-2), who were outscored, 30-12, in the paint.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- No. 5 Mississippi St beats No. 4 Michigan State 74-72 Mar 20
- Michigan St.-Mississippi St. Preview Mar 19
- Michigan State's offense to get a test vs. Mississippi State Mar 19
- Michigan State pulls away to beat Belmont 74-60 Mar 18
- Belmont-Michigan St. Preview Mar 17
- Michigan State's star insists she isn't thinking about WNBA Mar 16
- No. 19 Spartans, special Powers rout No. 9 Buckeyes 82-63 Mar 5
- Powers leads No. 19 Michigan St. women past Purdue 65-64 Mar 4
- No. 20 Michigan St outlasts No. 5 Ohio St 107-105 in 3 OTs Feb 27
- No. 20 Michigan State women use big 4th to top Illinois Feb 24
- Powers leads No. 25 Michigan State over Minnesota 114-106 Feb 21
- Powers leads No. 25 Michigan State women over Rutgers 70-67 Feb 18