Harper's 27 points send Maryland to easy win against TCUNov 18, 2006 - 8:00 AM COLLEGE PARK, Maryland (Ticker) -- Laura Harper showed TCU the type of player she was last spring.
Harper scored a career-high 27 points as No. 1 Maryland rolled to an 82-64 triumph over TCU.
The Most Outstanding Player in last season's Final Four, Harper had scored a total of 16 points through her first two games in 2006-07. But the junior came up big Friday, making 12-of-16 shots and adding four rebounds, three steals, three assists and a pair of blocks in 24 minutes.
Shay Doron scored 22 points and Crystal Langhorne chipped in 11 and 11 rebounds for Maryland (3-0), which shot nearly 45 percent (31-of-69) and held a dominant 45-31 rebounding advantage.
The Terrapins won despite making just 2-of-15 3-pointers and committing 25 turnovers, including at least one by all nine players who stepped onto the court.
Adrianna Ross scored 15 points to lead the Horned Frogs (0-1), who shot only 38 percent (24-of-63) and committed 21 turnovers.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Plum scores 32 as Washington stuns Maryland Mar 21
- Washington-Maryland Preview Mar 20
- Maryland, Washington: Opposites attract in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Maryland spoils Iona debut in NCAA Tournament with 74-58 win Mar 19
- Iona-Maryland Preview Mar 18
- In season of change, Maryland returns to NCAAs as No. 2 seed Mar 16
- No. 5 Maryland women top Northwestern 83-62 Mar 5
- Kansas stuns TCU 81-64 to snap 20-game losing streak Mar 5
- No. 5 Maryland pulls away from Iowa 75-55 in Big Ten tourney Mar 4
- No. 6 Maryland beats Minnesota 110-77 to win Big Ten title Feb 28
- McCarty leads No. 8 Texas to a 71-58 win over TCU Feb 27
- Senior Moseley gives No. 6 Maryland women lift off bench Feb 27