DePaul rolls past Yale behind Threatt's 18 pointsNov 18, 2006 - 4:59 AM CHICAGO, Illinois (Ticker) -- China Threatt and DePaul took out their frustration on Yale.
Threatt scored 18 points to lead four players in double figures as the 22nd-ranked Blue Demons posted an 86-60 triumph over Yale in the opening round of the DePaul Invitation.
Threatt made 8-of-14 shots from the field, including her only 3-point attempt.
Jenna Rubino and Allie Quigley added 12 points apiece and Missy Mitidiero chipped in 10 for DePaul (1-1), which was coming off a 105-71 pounding against Oklahoma in its season opener.
The Blue Demons held a 35-34 lead at halftime before shooting 56 percent (19-of-34) in the second half. They shot 43 percent (34-of-79) for the game and held a 50-37 rebounding advantage.
Melissa Colborne scored 14 points and Erica Davis added 10 for Yale (0-2), which shot only 36 percent (21-of-57) and committed 27 turnovers.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- DePaul makes 11 3-pointers, routs James Madison 97-67 Mar 18
- James Madison-DePaul Preview Mar 17
- St. John's women upset No. 18 DePaul 75-66 in Big East semis Mar 7
- No. 19 DePaul women beat Marquette 98-65 Feb 27
- No. 21 DePaul women roll to 78-52 win over Creighton Feb 21
- Podkowa leads No. 21 DePaul women past Providence 91-68 Feb 19