Paris powers No. 3 Oklahoma past Eastern KentuckyNov 18, 2006 - 7:13 AM HONOLULU, Hawaii (Ticker) -- Eastern Kentucky had no answer for Courtney Paris.
Paris had 24 points, 16 rebounds and three blocks to carry third-ranked Oklahoma to a 92-79 triumph over the the Colonels in the semifinal of the Waikiki Beach Marriott Classic.
The game was tied at 33-33 before the Sooners closed the opening half on a commanding 16-4 surge for a 49-37 advantage at intermission. Oklahoma (2-0) shot 59 percent (22-of-37) from the field at the break.
Ashley Paris collected 14 points and eight rebounds and Amanda Thompson added 10 points and two steals for the Sooners, who shot 51 percent (40-of-77) overall and held a 55-40 advantage in rebounds.
Ashley Cazee scored 25 points and Crystal Jones chipped in 21 for Eastern Kentucky (1-1), which shot 36 percent (25-of-68) and forced 18 turnovers.
The Sooners will face the winner between Georgetown and Hawaii on Saturday.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 6 seed Oklahoma tops No. 11 Purdue 61-45 in NCAA Mar 19
- Purdue-Oklahoma Preview Mar 18
- Jones leads No. 4 Baylor in 84-57 win over No. 24 Oklahoma Mar 6
- No. 24 Oklahoma women top rival OSU 61-43 in Big 12 tourney Mar 5
- Belmont women rout E. Kentucky 95-63 for OVC title, NCAA Mar 5
- No. 24 Oklahoma women beat Texas Tech 70-60 Mar 1
- Williams has 32 as No. 23 Oklahoma women roll Iowa St. 85-54 Feb 27
- Jones leads No. 4 Baylor past No. 23 Oklahoma 78-70 Feb 23
- No. 20 Oklahoma women top Kansas 72-66 Feb 20