George, Wickett lead Pepperdine in stunner over RutgersNov 18, 2006 - 6:56 AM MALIBU, California (Ticker) -- Teiosha George and Teena Wickett each scored 21 points as Pepperdine surprised No. 12 Rutgers, 75-73, in overtime in the Timeout for HIV/AIDS Classic.
Daphanie Kennedy added 18 points on 8-of-18 shooting, adding seven assists and three steals for the Wave (2-1), who beat their first ever ranked opponent.
George made 10-of-14 shots from the field and Wickett was 8-of-10 and added 12 rebounds.
Rutgers (0-2), which led, 31-28, at the half, had four players in double figures. Essence Carson had 18 points, eight rebounds and six assists and Epiphanny Prince added 15 points off the bench for the Scarlet Knights, who shot 52 percent (30-of-58).
Rutgers lost, 78-69, to No. 9 Georgia on Sunday.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Mitchell scores 43, No. 9 Ohio State beats Rutgers 73-58 Mar 5
- Rutgers comes back to edge Nebraska 66-63 in Big Ten tourney Mar 3
- No. 6 Maryland women beat Rutgers 73-59 Feb 21
- Powers leads No. 25 Michigan State women over Rutgers 70-67 Feb 18
- Mitchell scores 22, No. 7 Ohio State beats Rutgers Jan 24
- No. 21 Michigan State women top Rutgers 59-48 after big run Jan 19
- Mitchell's 31 points leads No. 5 Ohio State over Rutgers Jan 10
- No. 13 Florida State women beat Rutgers 65-43 Dec 3
- Huskies cruise past Rutgers to advance Mar 23
- Copper, Scaife lead Rutgers past Seton Hall Mar 21
- Rutgers, Stringer agree on 4-year deal May 21
- Rutgers edges UTEP for Women's NIT crown Apr 5