Pfeiffer leads Kentucky to win over Old DominionNov 19, 2006 - 12:55 AM NORFOLK, Virginia (Ticker) -- Jenny Pfeiffer scored 22 points and Carly Ormerod added 18 as 24th-ranked Kentucky bounced back for a 69-55 victory over Old Dominion in a non-conference matchup.
Pfeiffer made five 3-pointers and Ormerod handed out seven assists for the Wildcats (2-1), who fell to Indiana, 54-51, last Sunday.
Due to a slow start, Kentucky owned just a 27-23 edge at the half. But the Wildcats connected on 15-of-23 (65 percent) attempts after intermission to maintain control and seal the win.
T.J. Jordan had 11 points for the Lady Monarchs (0-2), who shot just 28 percent (17-of-60) overall.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky thrashes UNC Asheville 85-31 in NCAA opener Mar 19
- UNC Asheville-Kentucky Preview Mar 18