UCLA pulls away from Cal RiversideNov 19, 2006 - 8:03 AM RIVERSIDE, California (Ticker) -- UCLA got stuck in traffic and then almost got derailed by UC-Riverside.
Noelle Quinn scored 19 points and Amanda Livingston added 15 as the 21st-ranked Bruins posted a 70-60 win over the upset-minded Highlanders.
The game was delayed for 30 minutes because UCLA's team bus was stuck in traffic. It didn't seem to affect the Bruins at the outset as they closed the first half with a 9-1 run to take a 32-18 lead.
UC-Riverside fought back to tie it on a 3-pointer by Seyram Gbeyono with 10:52 to play, but Livingston and Erica Latimer hit a pair of baskets and Lindsey Pluimer's three-point play increased the lead to 50-44 with 8:26 left.
Shaina Zaidi hit a 3-pointer to make it 59-48 with 4:51 to go and the Highlanders never got closer than eight points thereafter.
Livingston had 10 rebounds and Quinn added nine as UCLA enjoyed a 43-28 edge on the backboards.
Amber Cox scored 13 points and Gbeyono added 12 for UC-Riverside, which shot 39 percent (24-of-62).
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Jordin Canada leads UCLA into Sweet 16 Mar 22
- South Florida-UCLA Preview Mar 20
- Guards highlight UCLA-South Florida in NCAA Tournament Mar 20
- Fields leads UCLA past Hawaii in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Hawaii-UCLA Preview Mar 18
- Canada leads No. 12 UCLA past California 73-67 in OT Mar 6
- Billings leads No. 12 UCLA past Arizona 72-51. Mar 4
- Fields leads No. 14 UCLA past No. 9 Arizona State Feb 28
- Weisner leads No. 7 Oregon State women past No. 12 UCLA Feb 22