Duke records third straight blowout winNov 19, 2006 - 10:02 PM DURHAM, North Carolina (Ticker) -- There can be little coach Gail Goestenkors can complain about as her Duke team plows through its early-season schedule.
Alison Bales and Bridgette Mitchell had 16 points apiece as No. 5 Duke posted an 81-35 rout of Houston.
Abby Waner had 15 points and Wanisha Smith added 11 for the Blue Devils (3-0), who have beaten each of their first three opponents by at least 21 points.
Duke opened its season beating Northeastern by 53 points on November 11, then posted a 21-point win over Marist on Friday before its 46-point victory vs. Houston.
Bales was 8-of-12 from the field, Mitchell had 12 rebounds and Waner had six assists for the Blue Devils, who shot 45 percent (33-of-74) from the field.
Sha'Ratta Hawkins scored 13 points for Houston (0-2), which shot just 24 percent (15-of-63) and had nine shots blocked.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- Thomas, No. 10 Florida State women beat Duke 69-53 Feb 11
- No. 16 Miami women build early lead in beating Duke 61-53 Feb 7
- No. 3 Notre Dame women beat Duke 68-61 Feb 1
- No. 20 South Florida women beat Houston 73-49 Jan 27
- No. 22 Duke women beat Boston College 71-51 Jan 17
- North Carolina State beats No. 22 Duke women in Durham 65-62 Jan 15