Chambers leads Georgia to close win over DavidsonNov 20, 2006 - 12:35 AM ATHENS, Georgia (Ticker) -- Cori Chambers sparked Georgia, but it was tougher than she thought.
Chambers scored 25 points and Christy Marshall added 16 as the eighth-ranked Bulldogs posted a 74-68 win over Davidson for their third straight win.
Megan Darrah collected 10 points and 11 rebounds for Georgia, which shot 46 percent (25-of-55) from the field and outrebounded the Wildcats, 27-22.
Chambers was 9-of-18, including five shots from the arc, and grabbed six rebounds. But unranked Davidson played hard, trailing only 36-33 at halftime. Marshall shot 7-of-12 as the Bulldogs held on to remain unbeaten.
Danielle Hemerka scored 12 points for Davidson, which shot just 35 percent (21-of-60) and committed 18 turnovers.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Guard Taja Cole transferring from Louisville to Georgia May 17
- Buss scores 23, No. 9 seed Indiana defeats Georgia 62-58 Mar 20
- Indiana-Georgia Preview Mar 18
- Vandy women rally to beat Georgia 54-49 in OT in SEC tourney Mar 3
- DeShields bounces back, helps Lady Vols rip Georgia 80-60 Feb 28
- Georgia senior Barbee has surgery for season-ending injury Feb 23
- Georgia women knock off No. 22 Florida 74-63 Feb 21
- Mitchell scores 19, leads SEC champ No. 3 Gamecocks to win Feb 18
- Balance helps Georgia women knock off No. 21 Missouri 65-50 Feb 4
- New coach Joni Taylor says Georgia must return to NCAAs Jan 29
- Barbee helps Georgia upset No. 10 Mississippi State 47-43 Jan 21
- Georgia women upend No. 20 Florida 71-61 Jan 14