Mosby, Baylor knock off LSUNov 22, 2006 - 4:53 AM WACO, Texas (Ticker) -- Foul trouble and the play of Bernice Mosby finally slowed down Sylvia Fowles and Louisiana State.
Mosby scored 21 points and grabbed 17 rebounds to lead No. 15 Baylor to a 64-60 victory over the ninth-ranked Tigers.
Baylor (4-1) handed LSU its first loss of the season, holding a foul-plagued Fowles to 14 points and four rebounds in 17 minutes. Earlier this season, the 6-6 junior center went over the 1,000-point mark for her career and became the school's all-time leader in blocked shots.
Fowles went to the bench with two fouls and LSU leading, 18-13, with 10:26 left in the first half. Mosby scored six points from there to bring Baylor within 28-26 at the break.
Shortly after Fowles picked up her fourth foul with 11:16 to play in the game, Mosby scored six points to help the Bears open a 57-51 lead with 6:02 left.
Fowles hit back-to-back baskets to slice the deficit to 59-58 with 1:45 to go, but Mosby hit three free throws down the stretch to seal it.
Erica White scored 20 points for LSU (5-1), which shot 37 percent (23-of-62) from the field.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19
- Baylor women have old score to settle at home vs. Auburn Mar 19
- Top-seeded Baylor women roll 89-59 over Idaho to NCAA opener Mar 18
- Idaho-Baylor Preview Mar 17