Slade's big game lifts BYU over Santa ClaraNov 23, 2006 - 3:37 AM PROVO, Utah (Ticker) -- Shawnee Slade picked a great time to record a breakout performance.
Slade scored 13 of her career-high 22 points in the second half as No. 23 Brigham Young captured a 77-63 victory over Santa Clara.
The sophomore shot just 5-of-14 from the field, but converted 11-of-12 free throws and pulled down 10 rebounds.
The 5-11 forward had never scored more than 10 points in a game in her career.
Mallary Gillespie scored 14 points and Jennie Keele added 12 for the Cougars (3-2), which sank 23-of-27 free throws in the second half to hold off the Broncos (3-2).
Ashley Graham sank all five of her 3-pointers en route to 16 points and Jen Gottschalk added 10 and seven rebounds for Santa Clara, which lost the battle on the boards by a 44-31 margin.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Santa Clara hires Bill Carr as new women's basketball coach Apr 15
- Cunningham powers No. 10 Missouri over No. 7 BYU 78-69 Mar 19
- Missouri-BYU Preview Mar 18
- Proctor leads USF to 70-68 win over BYU in WCC title game Mar 8
- BYU upsets No. 12 Texas A&M women, 72-67; sweep tourney Dec 5
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58 Nov 24
- No. 17 Oklahoma women rebound to defeat BYU 73-47 Nov 19
- Third-seeded Cards demolish BYU in first round Mar 21
- Strong second half has Huskies headed to Elite Eight Mar 29
- Cougars topple Cornhuskers Mar 25
- Eaton, Hamson shine as BYU upsets NC State Mar 22
- Strong second half leads DePaul over BYU Mar 17