Ress leads Boston College past Central ConnecticutNov 24, 2006 - 11:24 PM KINGSTON, Rhode Island (Ticker) -- Kathrin Ress had 20 points and seven rebounds as No. 22 Boston College posted a 67-57 victory over winless Central Connecticut State in the opening round of the URI Invitational.
Ress shot 7-of-9 from the field for the Eagles, who shot 57 percent (25-of-44), including 5-of-9 from 3-point range. Kindyll Dorsey added 12 points, all on 3-pointers.
Boston College never trailed, shooting 62 percent (13-of-21) in the first half to take a 35-27 halftime lead. The Eagles pulled away in the second half, when they led by as many as 22 points.
The Eagles (4-1) rebounded from an 80-72 overtime loss to No. 6 Ohio State on Tuesday. In that game, Ress had 23 points and 10 rebounds before fouling out while Dorsey added 21 points.
Gabriella Guegbelet scored 15 points and Brittney Dixon had 11 for the Blue Devils (0-4), who shot just 27 percent (17-of-62).
BC plays Vermont for the tournament championship. CCSU faces host Rhode Island for third place.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- NC State women beat Boston College 76-60 in ACC Tournament Mar 3
- BC beats Virginia Tech 49-37 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- No. 2 Notre Dame tops Boston College women 70-58 Feb 27
- Butler leads No. 18 Syracuse women past Boston College 71-55 Feb 25
- Hines-Allen leads No. 11 Louisville women past BC 55-45 Feb 21
- No. 16 Miami women pull away from Boston College 67-62 Feb 4
- No. 22 Duke women beat Boston College 71-51 Jan 17
- No. 3 Notre Dame women beat Boston College 63-50 Jan 14
- No. 19 Florida State women rout Boston College, 75-42 Jan 7
- Walker-Kimbrough leads No. 5 Maryland in 86-43 rout of CCS Dec 5
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61 Nov 28
- No. 9 Maryland handles Boston College Feb 27