Arizona State holds on to edge Western KentuckyNov 25, 2006 - 2:13 AM ST. THOMAS, Virgin Islands (Ticker) -- Emily Westerberg scored 14 points and Jill Noe added 13 as No. 12 Arizona State posted a 67-63 victory over Western Kentucky in the semifinals of Paradise Jam.
The Wildcats forced 35 turnovers that helped offset 56 percent (20-of-36) shooting by Western Kentucky and a 37-23 disadvantage on the boards.
Westerberg was 8-of-8 from the line but fouled out after playing just 24 minutes. Briann January had eight points and nine assists for Arizona State (5-1), which led, 42-26, at the half and opened an 18-point lead early in the second half.
Crystal Kelly had 14 points and Kenzie Rich added 13 for the Hilltoppers (2-2), who had five players in double figures.
Arizona State plays the winner of 18th-ranked Rutgers or Penn State in the final on Saturday.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21
- Tennessee-Arizona St. Preview Mar 19
- Arizona State not looking past inconsistent Tennessee Mar 19
- Arizona State opens NCAAs with 74-52 win over NM State Mar 18
- New Mexico St.-Arizona St. Preview Mar 17
- California stuns No. 10 Arizona St 75-64 in Pac-12 quarters Mar 4
- Fields leads No. 14 UCLA past No. 9 Arizona State Feb 28
- Katie Hempen leads No. 9 Arizona State past USC 50-45 Feb 27
- No. 9 Arizona State pulls away for 77-57 win over Washington Feb 21
- Brunner, No. 9 Arizona State cruise past Washingtom Feb 19
- Brunner beats buzzer in OT, No. 9 Arizona St beats Stanford Feb 15
- Hempen leads No. 9 Arizona State women past California Feb 13