Texas A&M rallies to overcome West VirginiaNov 25, 2006 - 1:54 AM LOS ANGELES (Ticker) -- Texas A&M had to struggle to remain unbeaten.
Morenike Atunrase scored 18 points and A'Quonesia Franklin added 16 as the 13th-ranked Aggies rallied to defeat West Virginia, 55-52, in the LMU Thanksgiving Classic.
Texas A&M (4-0) turned on the defense in the second half, allowing it to rally from a 28-22 halftime deficit.
The Aggies had 13 steals and forced 29 turnovers in the contest.
The Mountaineers (2-4) were limited to 36 percent shooting (9-of-25) in the second half after they shot a torrid 57 percent (21-of-46) in the opening 20 minutes.
Olayinka Sanni had 21 points and 10 rebounds and Chakhia Cole added nine and 11 for West Virginia, which dominated Texas A&M, 39-24, on the boards.
The Aggies shot 50 percent (10-of-20) and made 11-of-15 free throws in the second half.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Ohio State advances to Sweet 16 with win over West Virginia Mar 20
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19
- West Virginia-Ohio St. Preview Mar 19
- West Virginia, Ohio State clash in 2nd round of tournament Mar 19
- Texas A&M suspends Courtney Williams and Shlonte Allen Mar 19
- Missouri St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 18
- West Virginia tops Princeton in women's NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Princeton-West Virginia Preview Mar 17
- No. 22 West Virginia women top Kansas St. in Big 12 tourney Mar 5