Gearlds' 17 points lead Purdue over Arkansas StateNov 25, 2006 - 3:54 AM STATE UNIVERSITY, Arkansas (Ticker) -- Three scorers are better than one.
Katie Gearlds, Lindsey Wisdom-Hylton and FahKara Malone combined for 47 points and 12 steals as No. 10 Purdue posted a 67-61 victory over Arkansas State.
The trio's effort helped offset an outstanding game by Rudy Sims, who scored 23 points on 9-of-13 shooting for Arkansas State.
Gearlds finished with 17 points while Wisdom-Hylton and Malone had 15 each. Malone recorded six of the Boilermakers' 16 steals and Wisdom-Hylton hauled in seven rebounds.
Sims knocked down 4-of-6 shots from the arc, but her seven turnovers were costly.
Adrianne Davie had 13 points and 10 rebounds for Arkansas State, which shot 41 percent (21-of-51) but committed 22 turnovers.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- No. 6 seed Oklahoma tops No. 11 Purdue 61-45 in NCAA Mar 19
- Purdue-Oklahoma Preview Mar 18
- Powers leads No. 19 Michigan St. women past Purdue 65-64 Mar 4
- Purdue women top Penn State, 70-59; face Michigan State Mar 3
- No. 5 Maryland never trails in 73-59 win over Purdue Feb 11
- Walker-Kimbrough scores 41, No. 5 Maryland women beat Purdue Feb 2
- Powers, No. 18 Michigan State women beat Purdue 68-56 Jan 27
- Mitchell scores 27 to lift No. 5 Ohio State over Purdue Jan 17
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast Nov 29
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60 Nov 28
- Big night from Martin propels Cowgirls to Sweet 16 Mar 25
- Bays and Boilermakers bounce Zips Mar 22