Davenport keeps Ohio State women rollingNov 25, 2006 - 9:29 PM COLUMBUS, Ohio (Ticker) -- Jessica Davenport scored 24 points as sixth-ranked Ohio State rolled to its 11th straight victory in the Buckeye Classic, a 77-43 trouncing of winless Cornell.
Brandie Hoskins added 19 points and six assists for the Buckeyes (4-0), who will face unbeaten Montana in Sunday's championship game.
Davenport made 9-of-10 shots, grabbed 10 rebounds and blocked four shots for her 34th career double-double and third in four games this season. She helped Ohio State shoot 51 percent (29-of-57) from the field and hold a 44-12 advantage in points in the paint.
The Buckeyes scored nine of the first 11 points, then broke open the game with a 19-2 surge that provided a 32-11 lead with five minutes to go in the first half.
Marscilla Parker had nine points and five assists for Ohio State, which is in the title game of its tournament for the 14th time in 15 years.
Jeomi Maduka had 21 points and nine boards for Cornell (0-4), which shot just 29 percent (14-of-48) and committed 20 turnovers. The Big Red will meet Davidson in the consolation game.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Ohio State advances to Sweet 16 with win over West Virginia Mar 20
- West Virginia-Ohio St. Preview Mar 19
- West Virginia, Ohio State clash in 2nd round of tournament Mar 19
- Ohio State smothers Buffalo to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Buffalo-Ohio St. Preview Mar 17
- No. 19 Spartans, special Powers rout No. 9 Buckeyes 82-63 Mar 5
- Mitchell scores 43, No. 9 Ohio State beats Rutgers 73-58 Mar 5
- No. 20 Michigan St outlasts No. 5 Ohio St 107-105 in 3 OTs Feb 27
- Banham, Minnesota upset No. 5 Ohio State, 90-88 Feb 24