Adair, George Washington rally past James MadisonNov 25, 2006 - 9:59 PM WASHINGTON D.C. (Ticker) -- Jessica Adair scored 16 points and grabbed 14 rebounds as No. 21 George Washington rallied for a 68-56 victory over James Madison.
Adair shot 7-of-16 from the floor to pace five Colonials in double figures. Whitney Allen scored 12 points while fellow guard Kimberly Beck had 11 points and nine assists.
Sarah-Jo Lawrence scored 11 points and Kenan Cole added 10 points and seven rebounds for George Washington (5-1), which rallied from a nine-point halftime deficit.
The Dukes (2-1) limited the Colonials to just 32 percent (12-of-37) in the opening 20 minutes and built a 36-27 lead at the break.
But George Washington shot 53 percent (16-of-30) in the second half while holding James Madison to just 20 points on 7-of-35 shooting after the break.
Meredith Alexis scored 25 points and hauled in 15 rebounds while Tamera Young chipped in 16 points for the Dukes, who shot just 32 percent (21-of-66) overall.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- George Washington hires Rizzotti as women's basketball coach Apr 15
- Tsipis resigns as George Washington women's hoops coach Mar 28
- Kansas State gets 1st NCAA tournament win since 2012 Mar 18
- DePaul makes 11 3-pointers, routs James Madison 97-67 Mar 18
- James Madison-DePaul Preview Mar 17
- Kansas St.-George Washington Preview Mar 17
- James Madison beats Drexel 60-46 to win CAA, earn NCAA berth Mar 12
- James Madison women win third straight CAA championship Mar 12
- George Washington rallies by Duquesne for A10 women's title Mar 6
- Davis helps No. 4 Baylor women beat James Madison 77-63 Dec 21
- Wright State women rally past No. 24 George Washington 77-71 Nov 28
- No. 24 George Washington women edge No. 25 Iowa 81-77 in 2OT Nov 27