Mitidiero's 19 points allow DePaul to survive Northern IllinoisNov 26, 2006 - 3:24 AM CHICAGO (Ticker) -- Missy Mitidiero and DePaul received a bigger scare than expected but still persevered.
Mitidiero scored a career-high 19 points to lead four players in double figures as the 20th-ranked Blue Demons posted a 71-68 triumph over pesky Northern Illinois.
Allie Quigley contributed 16 points and Erin Cattell and Caprice Smith added double-doubles for DePaul (3-1), which won despite shooting just 37 percent (28-of-75) and committing 16 turnovers.
Cattell finished with 14 points and 14 rebounds and Smith chipped in 13 and 13 as the Blue Demons held a 48-44 advantage on the glass, highlighted by 19 offensive boards.
Stephanie Raymond led Northern Illinois with 25 points but made just 6-of-19 shots. Jessie Wilcox chipped in 15 points and Whitney Lowe added 12 and 10 rebounds for the Huskies (2-2), who shot 35 percent (21-of-59) and committed 19 turnovers.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- DePaul makes 11 3-pointers, routs James Madison 97-67 Mar 18
- James Madison-DePaul Preview Mar 17
- St. John's women upset No. 18 DePaul 75-66 in Big East semis Mar 7
- No. 19 DePaul women beat Marquette 98-65 Feb 27
- No. 21 DePaul women roll to 78-52 win over Creighton Feb 21
- Podkowa leads No. 21 DePaul women past Providence 91-68 Feb 19