Spencer, Parker help Volunteers rout Middle TennesseeNov 27, 2006 - 1:50 AM KNOXVILLE, Tennessee (Ticker) -- Sidney Spencer and Candace Parker played efficiently against an intrastate opponent.
Spencer and Parker scored 16 points apiece and Nicky Anosike added 13 as fourth-ranked Tennessee posted an 88-64 victory over Middle Tennessee.
Shannon Bobbitt handed out eight assists for the Volunteers (5-0), who shot 57 percent (35-of-62) from the field and outrebounded the Blue Raiders, 38-22.
Spencer and Parker shot a combined 13-of-18 from the floor and 5-of-7 from the arc, while Tennessee jumped out to a big lead against Middle Tennessee, a representative of the Sun Belt Conference.
Leading 49-27 at halftime, the Vols shot 48 percent (14-of-29) in the second half but held on against the Blue Raiders (3-3), who committed 20 turnovers.
Chrissy Givens scored 26 points for Middle Tennessee, which shot 45 percent (24-of-53).
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21