Wright, McCoughtry help keep Louisville unbeatenNov 27, 2006 - 1:53 AM GREELEY, Colorado (Ticker) -- Chauntise Wright scored 20 points and Angel McCoughtry added 19 with 12 rebounds to lead No. 24 Louisville to a 82-52 victory over Northern Colorado.
The Cardinals (6-0) used a 16-5 run and an 18-2 spurt to take a 42-17 halftime lead, while holding the Bears to 23 percent (7-of-30) shooting from the floor.
Louisville scored the first seven points of the second half before Northern Colorado cut the deficit to 21 points. However, consecutive layups by Wright and Jazz Covington gave the Cardinals a 75-45 advantage with less than five minutes remaining.
Wright and McCoughtry made 9-of-12 shots apiece for Louisville, which shot 58 percent (35-of-60) for the contest. Covington scored 11 of her 13 points in the second half and Brandie Radde added 12.
Kendra Lambrecht scored 12 points, Whitley Cox added 11 and Heather Barbour and Tina Fox had 10 each for the Bears (1-5), who were outrebounded, 49-28, in losing their second straight game.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- Louisville tops Central Arkansas 87-60, Hines-Allen Mar 18
- Cent. Arkansas-Louisville Preview Mar 17
- NCAA games in Louisville match 4 teams on late-season rolls Mar 17
- Louisville coach writes to fans' bosses about skipping work Mar 16
- No. 17 Syracuse women beat No. 7 Louisville 80-75 in ACCs Mar 5
- No. 7 Louisville women beat Georgia Tech 60-50 in ACC Mar 4
- No. 10 Louisville women coast to 65-36 win over Pitt Feb 28
- No. 10 Louisville beats No. 17 Miami 79-51 Feb 25
- Hines-Allen leads No. 11 Louisville women past BC 55-45 Feb 21