Connecticut rides big first half to victory over BUNov 29, 2006 - 2:50 AM STORRS, Connecticut (Ticker) -- Mel Thomas scored 14 points to lead five players in double figures as No. 7 Connecticut dominated in the first half en route to an 84-51 triumph against Boston University.
The Huskies (3-0) held a commanding 46-15 lead at intermission behind 48 percent (18-of-37) shooting. They finished at 49 percent (31-of-63) for the contest and dominated on the boards, 52-26.
Meanwhile, the Terriers (3-2) shot a woeful 22 percent (6-of-27) in the first half and 33 percent (19-of-56) overall. They also committed 15 turnovers and were outscored on the fast break, 19-0.
Thomas made 5-of-6 shots from the field, including all four of her 3-pointers. Charde Houston and Tina Charles contributed 12 points apiece and Brittany Hunter added 10 off the bench for UConn.
Katie Meinhardt was the only player in double figures for Boston University, scoring 12 points on 5-of-15 shooting.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2