Texas A&M tops Arizona to stay unbeatenNov 29, 2006 - 6:29 AM COLLEGE STATION, Texas (Ticker) -- Texas A&M celebrated its first top-10 ranking with an impressive showing.
Takia Starks scored 20 points and Morenike Atunrase added 18 to power the 10th-ranked Aggies to a 64-44 victory over Arizona.
A 26-5 run to close the first half erased a 15-9 deficit and gave Texas A&M (6-0) a 35-20 lead at the break. Atunrase started the spurt with six straight points and capped it with a pair of free throws.
Starks opened the second half with a 3-pointer and the Wildcats (4-3) never got the lead under 15 points thereafter.
La Toya Micheaux had eight points and nine rebounds in helping A&M to a 41-32 advantage on the glass.
Ashley Whisonant scored 14 points and Joy Hollingsworth added 13 for Arizona, which shot 35 percent (19-of-54) from the field.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Arizona hires Barnes as next women's basketball coach Apr 4
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19
- Texas A&M suspends Courtney Williams and Shlonte Allen Mar 19
- Missouri St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 18
- Tennessee women beat No. 15 A&M 70-60 for 3rd straight win Mar 4
- Billings leads No. 12 UCLA past Arizona 72-51. Mar 4
- Jones leads Arizona women past Oregon 74-68 in Pac-12 Mar 3
- Arizona splits with women's basketball coach Niya Butts Mar 1
- No. 15 Kentucky women defeat No. 11 Texas A&M 71-58 Feb 28