Tennessee overpowers Louisiana TechNov 29, 2006 - 3:49 AM RUSTON, Louisiana (Ticker) -- Tennessee didn't get caught looking ahead.
Dominique Redding scored 10 points and the fourth-ranked Volunteers took control early in a 71-50 rout of Louisiana Tech.
Tennessee improved to 7-0 as it prepares for a showdown Sunday night at No. 2 North Carolina.
Alberta Auguste scored 11 points and Candace Parker and Sidney Spencer added 10 apiece for the Vols, who took a 42-15 lead at halftime. Parker added eight rebounds and seven blocks.
Amber Metoyer scored 13 points to lead the Lady Techsters (2-4), who couldn't overcome a 21 percent (6-of-28) shooting performance in the first half.
Shan Moore and Sierra Nixon scored 12 points apiece for Louisiana Tech, which outrebounded Tennessee, 46-37, but committed 29 turnovers.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Louisiana Tech's Stoehr says program ready to move forward Apr 19
- Louisiana Tech hires Brooke Stoehr to replace Summitt Apr 18
- DeMoss will be interim coach at Louisiana Tech Apr 8
- Tyler Summitt admits inappropriate relationship, resigns Apr 7
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26