Georgia records 700th win by topping MemphisNov 30, 2006 - 3:22 AM ATHENS, Georgia (Ticker) -- Cori Chambers scored 18 points to lead six players in double figures as Georgia became the 15th Division I program to win 700 games with a 95-46 rout of Memphis.
The victory enabled coach Andy Landers to record his 663rd triumph, tying him with Roger Kaiser as the winningest collegiate coach in Georgia history.
The Bulldogs shot 55 percent (22-of-40) from the floor, forced 18 turnovers while committing just three, and used a 14-1 run to jump to a 54-24 halftime lead.
Ashley Houts scored 16 points and tied a school record with 10 steals, Christy Marshall added 14 points and Megan Darrah 13 for Georgia, which had a 45-40 rebounding edge.
Paris Leonard made just 3-of-11 shots and scored eight points to lead Memphis (2-6), which shot only 28 percent (15-of-54) and committed 29 turnovers.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Guard Taja Cole transferring from Louisville to Georgia May 17
- Buss scores 23, No. 9 seed Indiana defeats Georgia 62-58 Mar 20
- Indiana-Georgia Preview Mar 18
- Vandy women rally to beat Georgia 54-49 in OT in SEC tourney Mar 3
- DeShields bounces back, helps Lady Vols rip Georgia 80-60 Feb 28
- Georgia senior Barbee has surgery for season-ending injury Feb 23
- Georgia women knock off No. 22 Florida 74-63 Feb 21
- Jenkins, No. 19 South Florida women beat Memphis 97-82 Feb 21
- 5 overtimes! Memphis women outlast Temple 100-97 Feb 19
- Mitchell scores 19, leads SEC champ No. 3 Gamecocks to win Feb 18
- Balance helps Georgia women knock off No. 21 Missouri 65-50 Feb 4
- UConn routs Memphis 83-40 for 57th consecutive win Jan 30