Brigham Young takes advantage of sloppiness to beat HarvardNov 30, 2006 - 2:56 AM CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts (Ticker) -- Dani Wright scored 14 points and Cassie King added 11 to lead No. 22 Brigham Young to a 66-51 victory over winless Harvard.
The Cougars (4-2) won their second straight game following a 1-2 start by forcing 28 turnovers and holding the Crimson to just 33 percent (20-of-51) shooting.
Wright led the way, making 6-of-8 shots from the field. King made 4-of-6 shots and also grabbed six rebounds.
Mallary Gillespie and Haley Hall each contributed 10 points for the Cougars, who shot 48 percent (26-of-54) to overcome a 43-35 deficit on the boards.
Niki Finelli scored 17 points and Lindsay Hallion 16 for the Crimson (0-5).
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Cunningham powers No. 10 Missouri over No. 7 BYU 78-69 Mar 19
- Missouri-BYU Preview Mar 18
- Proctor leads USF to 70-68 win over BYU in WCC title game Mar 8
- BYU upsets No. 12 Texas A&M women, 72-67; sweep tourney Dec 5
- Jenkins leads South Florida past Harvard 86-59 Dec 3
- No. 17 Oklahoma women rebound to defeat BYU 73-47 Nov 19
- Third-seeded Cards demolish BYU in first round Mar 21
- Strong second half has Huskies headed to Elite Eight Mar 29
- Cougars topple Cornhuskers Mar 25
- Eaton, Hamson shine as BYU upsets NC State Mar 22
- Strong second half leads DePaul over BYU Mar 17
- Princeton beats Harvard to win Ivy League crown Mar 7