Smith's buzzer-beater helps DePaul winNov 30, 2006 - 4:52 AM GREEN BAY, Wisconsin (Ticker) -- Caprice Smith hit a jump shot with 0.4 seconds left to give No. 21 DePaul a 71-70 victory over Wisconsin-Green Bay.
Smith scored 22 points and grabbed 11 rebounds and Allie Quigley added 20 points and five assists for the Blue Demons (4-1), who have won four straight games.
Jenna Rubino had 13 points and 10 rebounds and Missy Mitidiero added 12 points for DePaul, which outrebounded Green Bay, 46-28.
After receiving the inbounds pass with 3.4 seconds remaining, Smith got the ball at the top of the key, dribbled and drilled her ninth basket of the night for the Blue Demons, who shot 42 percent (28-of-66) from the field.
The Blue Demons have won 23 straight games against current Horizon League teams and are 96-30 all-time vs. the conference.
Amanda Popp scored 19 points and Natalie Berglin added 16 - including a layup that gave Green Bay a 70-69 lead. The Phoenix became the first team this season to score 70 points vs. the Blue Demons.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- Lady Vols pull away in final 6 minutes to beat Green Bay Mar 18
- DePaul makes 11 3-pointers, routs James Madison 97-67 Mar 18
- James Madison-DePaul Preview Mar 17
- Wis.-Green Bay-Tennessee Preview Mar 17
- Green Bay women rout Milwaukee, coast to Horizon title Mar 13
- St. John's women upset No. 18 DePaul 75-66 in Big East semis Mar 7