Harmon, Newlin lead Stanford past Santa ClaraNov 30, 2006 - 6:48 AM PALO ALTO, California (Ticker) -- Jillian Harmon scored 16 points and Kristen Newlin added 12 with a season-high 16 rebounds to lead No. 15 Stanford to an 88-56 victory over Santa Clara.
In beating the Broncos for the fourth consecutive time, the Cardinal (3-3) snapped a two-game losing streak after falling below .500 for the first time in 225 games dating to the 1999-2000 season.
Brooke Smith, Candice Wiggins and Michelle Harrison scored 13 points apiece for Stanford, which had a 33-9 edge in points off turnovers and 54-39 rebounding advantage.
After winning four of its first six games for its best start in five years, Santa Clara shot just 33 percent (19-for-57) from the floor.
Chandice Cronk made 4-of-5 shots and scored 13 points and Ashley Graham added 10 for the Broncos (4-3).
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Santa Clara hires Bill Carr as new women's basketball coach Apr 15
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18