Louisville prevails despite poor shooting, turnoversDec 1, 2006 - 2:25 AM CINCINNATI (Ticker) -- While it may not have been pretty, Angel McCoughtry and Louisville are not concerned with winning beauty pageants.
McCoughtry collected 12 points and 13 rebounds as the 19th-ranked Cardinals overcame poor shooting and an abundance of turnovers for a 63-59 triumph over Xavier.
Louisville (7-0) maintained its perfect record despite shooting just 34 percent (25-of-72), including only 6-of-24 from the arc. The Cardinals also committed 21 turnovers while forcing only 10.
McCoughtry made just 4-of-13 shots from the floor but helped Louisville to a 60-45 rebounding advantage.
Brandie Radde scored 12 points and Jazz Covington 10 for the Cardinals.
Amber Harris scored 15 points and pulled down 12 rebounds and Suntana Granderson chipped in 13 points for the Lady Musketeers (5-2), who shot only 28 percent (22-of-77) - including just 5-of-26 from 3-point range.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- Louisville tops Central Arkansas 87-60, Hines-Allen Mar 18
- Cent. Arkansas-Louisville Preview Mar 17
- NCAA games in Louisville match 4 teams on late-season rolls Mar 17
- Louisville coach writes to fans' bosses about skipping work Mar 16
- No. 17 Syracuse women beat No. 7 Louisville 80-75 in ACCs Mar 5
- No. 7 Louisville women beat Georgia Tech 60-50 in ACC Mar 4
- No. 10 Louisville women coast to 65-36 win over Pitt Feb 28
- No. 10 Louisville beats No. 17 Miami 79-51 Feb 25
- Hines-Allen leads No. 11 Louisville women past BC 55-45 Feb 21