Little, Pringle lead North Carolina past UNC-GreensboroDec 1, 2006 - 2:57 AM CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina (Ticker) -- Camille Little scored 16 points to lead five players in double figures as No. 2 North Carolina rolled to a 103-48 triumph over UNC-Greensboro.
After capturing the Rainbow Wahine Classic title Sunday, the Tar Heels (7-0) set a season high in points with their ninth victory over the Spartans (4-2) in as many meetings.
Little made 6-of-11 shots, including a pair of 3-pointers, and collected six assists in only 22 minutes. LaToya Pringle added 15 points with nine rebounds for North Carolina.
Jessica Breland scored 12 points, Heather Claytor had 11 and Christina Dewitt 10 for the Tar Heels, who took a 57-15 halftime lead and shot nearly 51 percent (39-of-77) for the game.
Jasmine Byrd scored 16 points and was the only UNC-Greensboro player in double figures. The Spartans finished at only 25 percent (17-of-69) shooting and committed 31 turnovers.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- UNC Greensboro fires women's basketball coach after 5 years Mar 14
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- Bulgak powers No. 10 Florida State women to win over UNC Feb 14
- No. 13 Louisville women overtake North Carolina 78-60 Feb 4
- Hatchell to sit 2 games for referee contact, NCAA violation Jan 29
- No. 21 Miami women beat UNC 76-61 for Katie Meier's 200th Jan 17
- Ogunbowale scores 16, No. 3 Notre Dame beats UNC 88-54 Jan 10
- No. 15 Northwestern women defeat North Carolina 85-72 Dec 2
- Gardner-Webb shocks No. 22 North Carolina women 66-65 Nov 13
- Late layup lifts South Carolina over Heels Mar 28
- UNC advances past Buckeyes on buzzer beater Mar 23
- Tar Heels get past Liberty on their home floor Mar 21