Montgomery ties career high as Huskies rollDec 1, 2006 - 2:24 AM STORRS, Connecticut (Ticker) -- Renee Montgomery was all Purdue could handle.
Montgomery matched her career high with 26 points as seventh-ranked Connecticut posted a 66-55 triumph over ninth-ranked Purdue.
En route to equaling a performance against Louisville last season, Montgomery scored 16 of Connecticut's 35 first-half points. The sophomore was 9-of-17 overall - including 2-of-5 from the arc - and sank all six of her foul shots.
Charde Houston scored nine points and Mel Thomas added eight for the Huskies (4-0), who used a 17-2 run to build a 15-point lead at intermission.
Erin Lawless scored 20 points, Jodi Howell chipped in 11 and Lindsay Wisdom-Hylton had 10 and nine rebounds for Purdue (6-1), which had averaged just under 74 points.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2