Mosby leads Baylor over Texas A&M-Corpus ChristiDec 1, 2006 - 3:30 AM WACO, Texas (Ticker) -- Bernice Mosby scored 21 points and Jessica Morrow added 14 to lead No. 13 Baylor to its fourth straight victory, a 64-62 win over Texas A&M-Corpus Christi.
Playing the first of three games in a five-day span, the Bears (7-1) forced 24 turnovers to defeat the Islanders for the second time in as many meetings.
Mosby, who entered averaging a team-leading 19.4 points, made just 6-of-15 shots from the floor and 9-of-10 free throws. The senior forward helped Baylor take a 30-23 halftime lead.
Jhasmin Player scored 11 points and grabbed eight rebounds for the Bears, who shot just 40 percent (24-of-60) from the floor and were outrebounded, 38-37.
Kirbria Lewis scored 16 points and Elisa Beagle added 14 for the Islanders (1-5), who came on strong in the second half, shooting nearly 59 percent (17-of-29) to close the gap down the stretch.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19
- Baylor women have old score to settle at home vs. Auburn Mar 19
- Top-seeded Baylor women roll 89-59 over Idaho to NCAA opener Mar 18
- Idaho-Baylor Preview Mar 17