Thomas scores 32 points as Vanderbilt remains perfectDec 1, 2006 - 3:43 AM BIRMINGHAM, Alabama (Ticker) -- Carla Thomas scored 32 points to lift Vanderbilt to a comfortable 85-63 victory over Alabama-Birmingham.
Thomas made 14-of-19 shots from the field and all four of her free throws. She also pulled down 11 rebounds and added four steals, three blocks and three assists in 35 superb minutes.
Caroline Williams contributed 14 points and Dee Davis had 12 assists for the Commodores (7-0), who shot 56 percent (31-of-55). They connected for a 63 percent (19-of-30) clip in the second half, when they outscored the Lady Blazers, 51-28, to take control.
Britney Jones scored 19 points and Diamond Rogers added 16 for Alabama-Birmingham (0-6), which shot only 36 percent (22-of-61) and committed 16 turnovers.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Balcomb steps down as Vanderbilt women's basketball coach Apr 27
- No. 16 Mississippi State women beat Vanderbilt 63-46 Mar 4
- Vandy women rally to beat Georgia 54-49 in OT in SEC tourney Mar 3
- Reed, Vanderbilt women roll to 74-59 victory over Ole Miss Mar 2
- Reed leads Vanderbilt women, upset No. 24 Missouri 56-52 Feb 28
- Vivians scores 21 in No. 16 Mississippi State's 66-61 win Feb 25
- No. 12 Texas A&M women win 20th, beat Vanderbilt 75-63 Feb 21
- No. 22 Florida women beat Vanderbilt 79-67 Feb 18
- Jennings leads No. 18 Kentucky women past Vanderbilt 71-55 Feb 14
- Correction: T25-Tennessee-Vanderbilt story Feb 12
- Reed helps Vanderbilt women slip past No. 12 Kentucky 71-69 Jan 28
- No. 18 Lady Vols end skid with 58-49 victory over Vanderbilt Jan 21