Neaves has career game as Rice upsets Texas A&MDec 2, 2006 - 7:49 AM HOUSTON (Ticker) -- Lauren Neaves did everything for Rice in a stunning upset.
Neaves had 20 points and a career-high 20 rebounds and Valeriya Berezhynska added a career-best 21 points for the Owls in a surprising rout of 10th-ranked Texas A&M, 79-66.
Samantha Stovall had 13 points for Rice (5-2), which shot a blistering 58.5 percent (31-of-53) from the field and outrebounded the Aggies, 44-26.
With the third-best rebounding total in school history, Neaves dominated the paint. She blocked five shots and shot 5-of-10 from the floor in the Owls' first win over a Top-10 team since February, 21, 2002, against No. 6 Louisiana Tech.
In an efficient performance, Berezhynska was 9-of-11 from the field and grabbed five rebounds in just 20 minutes.
A'Quonesia Franklin scored 16 points for Texas A&M (6-1), which shot just 38 percent (25-of-70).
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19
- Texas A&M suspends Courtney Williams and Shlonte Allen Mar 19
- Missouri St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 18
- Tennessee women beat No. 15 A&M 70-60 for 3rd straight win Mar 4
- No. 15 Kentucky women defeat No. 11 Texas A&M 71-58 Feb 28
- No. 11 Texas A&M women win 6th straight, beat Auburn 57-49 Feb 25
- No. 12 Texas A&M women win 20th, beat Vanderbilt 75-63 Feb 21
- No. 12 Texas A&M women pull away in 4th, beat LSU 68-54 Feb 18
- No. 12 Texas A&M women beat Ole Miss 62-48 Feb 15