BYU struggles in upset loss to HartfordDec 2, 2006 - 10:42 PM WEST HARTFORD, Connecticut (Ticker) -- Brigham Young's trip to New England ended with a thud.
Lisa Etienne scored 13 points as Hartford took advantage of some poor shooting by the No. 22 Lady Cougars to record a 60-43 upset.
Brigham Young (4-3) opened its trip to the East Coast with a 66-51 victory at Harvard on Wednesday. The team finally felt the impact of its long travel Saturday, shooting just 33 percent (16-of-49) and committing 20 turnovers.
Dani Wright was the lone player in double figures for the Lady Cougars with 16 points. Shawnee Slade, who entered the contest tied for the team lead with 10.2 points per game, went 0-of-7 from the field and failed to score.
Bouncing back from a 59-53 home loss to Seton Hall on Wednesday, the Hawks (5-3) shot 53 percent (11-of-21) in the first half to grab a 29-25 edge and continued to pull away thereafter.
Ikea Witt and Erica Beverly scored 12 points apiece for Hartford.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Cunningham powers No. 10 Missouri over No. 7 BYU 78-69 Mar 19
- Missouri-BYU Preview Mar 18
- Proctor leads USF to 70-68 win over BYU in WCC title game Mar 8
- No. 21 Arizona State women beat Hartford 60-29 Dec 14
- BYU upsets No. 12 Texas A&M women, 72-67; sweep tourney Dec 5
- No. 17 Oklahoma women rebound to defeat BYU 73-47 Nov 19
- Third-seeded Cards demolish BYU in first round Mar 21
- Strong second half has Huskies headed to Elite Eight Mar 29
- Cougars topple Cornhuskers Mar 25
- Eaton, Hamson shine as BYU upsets NC State Mar 22
- No. 9 Maryland routs Hartford in Terrapin Classic final Dec 29
- Connecticut routs Hartford 102-45 Dec 22