Fowles scores 26 as LSU pounds DetroitDec 2, 2006 - 11:43 PM BATON ROUGE, Louisiana (Ticker) -- Sylvia Fowles was too much for Detroit.
Fowles had 26 points and nine rebounds in only 24 minutes as 11th-ranked LSU recorded an 80-44 triumph over Detroit.
Quianna Chaney added 15 points for the Tigers (9-1), who held the Titans (1-5) to 29 percent shooting (16-of-55) while forcing 21 turnovers.
Fowles scored 17 points in the opening half, including LSU's first seven points, and helped spur a 21-5 run in the last 10 minutes of the half that provided a 36-13 halftime cushion. Fowles scored eight during the spurt.
Joyce Massey had 16 points and 11 rebounds for Detroit and Sandi Brown added 14 points and seven assists.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- No. 13 Kentucky women eliminate LSU from SEC tourney 79-71 Mar 3
- LSU beats Alabama 58-49 in opener of SEC women's tourney Mar 2
- Mitchell scores 24 in No. 3 South Carolina's 75-39 victory Feb 28
- LSU hands No. 24 Tennessee women 2nd loss in 3 games 57-56 Feb 21
- No. 12 Texas A&M women pull away in 4th, beat LSU 68-54 Feb 18
- Thompson sparks No. 18 Kentucky women to 70-58 win over LSU Feb 7
- Vivians leads No. 11 Mississippi State to 71-52 win over LSU Feb 4
- Cunningham, No. 22 Missouri women beat LSU 52-46 Jan 28
- No. 20 Florida women rally to defeat LSU 53-45 Jan 17
- No. 13 Texas A&M women pull away from LSU 53-35 Jan 10
- Top-ranked UConn routs LSU 86-40 despite Stewart's absence Dec 21
- Jankoska, No. 24 Michigan State women beat Detroit 81-42 Dec 21