Paris dominates as Oklahoma women remain unbeatenDec 3, 2006 - 1:42 AM TULSA, Oklahoma (Ticker) -- Courtney Paris collected 24 points, 13 rebounds and three blocks as No. 3 Oklahoma overwhelmed intrastate rival Tulsa, 72-49, to remain unbeaten.
Paris made 9-of-15 shots for Oklahoma, which shot 49 percent (27-of-55), including 7-of-15 from the arc. Leah Rush made four 3-pointers and scored 18 points.
Rush scored 14 points in the first half, helping the Sooners (6-0) open a 40-21 lead. OU limited Tulsa to 29 percent (7-of-24) shooting.
Paris and sister Ashley Paris, who swept nine boards, helped the Sooners hold a 39-30 advantage on the glass. Oklahoma had 13 offensive rebounds and six blocks, with seven and five, respectively, coming from the sister duo.
Chelsi Welch scored 12 points for the Sooners.
Jillian Robbins had 24 points, 11 rebounds and six blocks for Tulsa (3-4), which shot under 31 percent (16-of-52), including 2-of-8 from the arc.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 6 seed Oklahoma tops No. 11 Purdue 61-45 in NCAA Mar 19
- Purdue-Oklahoma Preview Mar 18
- Jones leads No. 4 Baylor in 84-57 win over No. 24 Oklahoma Mar 6
- No. 24 Oklahoma women top rival OSU 61-43 in Big 12 tourney Mar 5
- No. 24 Oklahoma women beat Texas Tech 70-60 Mar 1
- Williams has 32 as No. 23 Oklahoma women roll Iowa St. 85-54 Feb 27
- Williams leads No. 21 South Florida women past Tulsa, 72-66 Feb 24
- Jones leads No. 4 Baylor past No. 23 Oklahoma 78-70 Feb 23
- No. 20 Oklahoma women top Kansas 72-66 Feb 20