Purdue bounces back to beat GonzagaDec 3, 2006 - 3:56 AM WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana (Ticker) -- This time Purdue was able to overcome a poor shooting night by Katie Gearlds.
Lindsey Wisdom-Hylton scored 21 points to lead the ninth-ranked Boilermakers to a 69-44 victory over Gonzaga.
Purdue (7-1) bounced back from a loss to Connecticut on Thursday. Gearlds scored just four points on 2-of-18 shooting in that game and followed it up on Saturday with a 3-for-12 performance from the field and eight points.
Fortunately for the Boilermakers, the Bulldogs were just as cold, particularly in the opening 20 minutes when they shot 24 percent (8-of-33) to fall behind, 36-20, at halftime.
Wisdom-Hylton, who shot 8-for-13, also grabbed nine rebounds and blocked five shots. Erin Lawless added 12 points for Purdue.
Stephanie Hawk scored 20 points to lead Gonzaga (6-4).
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- No. 6 seed Oklahoma tops No. 11 Purdue 61-45 in NCAA Mar 19
- Purdue-Oklahoma Preview Mar 18
- Powers leads No. 19 Michigan St. women past Purdue 65-64 Mar 4
- Purdue women top Penn State, 70-59; face Michigan State Mar 3
- No. 5 Maryland never trails in 73-59 win over Purdue Feb 11
- Walker-Kimbrough scores 41, No. 5 Maryland women beat Purdue Feb 2
- Powers, No. 18 Michigan State women beat Purdue 68-56 Jan 27
- Mitchell scores 27 to lift No. 5 Ohio State over Purdue Jan 17
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast Nov 29
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60 Nov 28
- Lady Vols capture thrilling OT win to advance Mar 28
- Bulldogs bowl over Beavers in Spokane Region Mar 22