Walker sends Cal into final of Contra Costa Times ClassicDec 3, 2006 - 5:55 AM BERKELEY, California (Ticker) -- Ashley Walker scored 17 points to lead five players in double figures as No. 16 California posted a 96-54 victory over Harvard in the opening round of the Contra Costa Times Classic.
Walker converted 7-of-11 free throws and grabbed seven rebounds for the Golden Bears (5-1), who shot 64 percent (36-of-56) from the field and held a 54-14 advantage in points in the paint.
Lauren Greif scored 16 points and Krista Foster added 15 for California, which will face Arkansas State in the championship game on Sunday.
Leading, 44-29, at the break after shooting 59 percent (17-of-29) in the first half, the Bears opened up the contest with a sizzling 70 percent (19-of-27) effort in the second.
Emily Tay scored 12 points for the Crimson (0-6), who lost to a ranked foe for the second straight game, falling to BYU, 66-51, on Wednesday.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Canada leads No. 12 UCLA past California 73-67 in OT Mar 6
- California stuns No. 10 Arizona St 75-64 in Pac-12 quarters Mar 4
- California tops Utah in overtime 66-63 to advance in Pac-12 Mar 3
- No. 7 Oregon State women clinch share of Pac-12 title Feb 28
- Hempen leads No. 9 Arizona State women past California Feb 13
- Balance lifts No. 25 Stanford women over California 60-55 Feb 6
- McCall, No. 15 Stanford women pull away; beat Cal 53-46 Feb 3
- Plum leads No. 25 Washington women past Cal 75-65 Jan 31
- Billings leads No. 20 UCLA women past California 75-56 Jan 23
- Hanson leads No. 12 Oregon State women past Cal 70-48 Jan 16
- Utah women beat No. 21 Cal 84-79 Jan 10
- Arizona women knock off No. 21 California 57-52 Jan 5