McCoughtry leads Louisville past KentuckyDec 3, 2006 - 10:16 PM LOUISVILLE, Kentucky (Ticker) -- Angel McCoughtry did it all while leading Louisville to another victory.
McCoughtry scored 21 points and grabbed 15 rebounds as 19th-ranked Louisville posted an 83-75 victory over Bluegrass State rival Kentucky.
The Cardinals (8-0) never trailed and led by as many as 15 midway through the first half in beating the Wildcats for the third straight season.
McCoughtry was 7-of-16 from the field and added five steals and four blocks. Yuliya Tokova scored 20 points and had nine rebounds and Katie Olson added 14 points for Louisville.
Samantha Mahoney scored 27 points for Kentucky (4-3), which scored 20 points off of 24 Louisville turnovers.
Nastassia Alcius scored 14 points for the Wildcats while Sarah Elliott added 13 and Carly Ormerod 12.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky thrashes UNC Asheville 85-31 in NCAA opener Mar 19